You are viewing my old blog.
I would love to have you visit my brand new website at www.ValorieQuesenberry.com.
Knowing God better, figuring out marriage, investing in my kids, exploring the Scripture, discovering truth, savoring life's joys and writing about the journey . . . visit a while with me.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pics from the Quesenberry Family Reunion

We had a nice time with my husband's family in Tennessee. We grilled chicken by the lake on Thursday, talked, played games. The cousins had fun hanging out together -- at least, my girls did. Stewart spent most of Thursday evening with a fishing pole in his hand. He is so "little boy" and I love it (except for the stained jeans :-)

On Friday, we took an "easy" hike in the Smokies -- Southern girls don't sweat -- but I sure was "glistening!" (My leg muscles are still sore -- can you say "out of shape?" Anyway, after we returned down the mountain safe and sound, we had hamburgers and hot dogs at the picnic area in Cades' Cove, then drove around the loop road watching for deer, bears, and other such wildlife, and then returned to my husband's brother's home for the evening. All in all, it was good -- family is a treasure -- and we are blessed.

Duane, me, and our 4 children.

Some of the Quesenberry Clan on the Tremont Trail hike.


Cousins Jessica and Ashley (my 12-year-old).


My Kaley (in red) and cousin Joanna feeding the ducks at the lake.



Autumn, Jessica, and Ashley -- at the lake.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time - love all the pics!

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valorie, great to find your blog. I didn't know you had a personal one. Nice to see some pics. Hope you all had a good time in Cuba. We really missed being there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see your blog. You are going to enjoy this. Writing comes so naturally for you. When you feel guilty about blogging, just think of it as a journal. Everyone thinks this is an honorable thing to do. I understand that reflective feeling. I think it is going to be an all day thing for me today. It is the first day of school and I am asking myself, "Was I a good mommy this summer?" It went so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. It's always fun to discover a new one. I know I'm not one of those "close" friends or family that you started your blog for; nevertheless, I enjoyed visiting! I have been trying to get my sister (Kim Forsee) to start one. Maybe you and Sherilyn need to help me bug her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Valorie! Your blog updates are great -- I hope you soaked in a little Southern sunshine to share with me when we are together again, or at least a little of the "drawl!!" HA! Love ya! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you have a blog now. The pictures are great and it brings a little of you into our home again. Ready for some pizza? Give the kids a hug for us. Love ya lots

    ReplyDelete

All content on this site is protected under personal copyright by Valorie Bender Quesenberry. Please ask permission to reprint.