Rather than writing paragraphs, I'm into short bursts of personal journaling. Here are some things chasing around my mind lately:
- Teens struggle with communicating with their parents, sometimes because they are absorbed in the adjustments and growth in independence they are experiencing. Am I God's teenager?
- FaceBook has opened my world to unbelievable and real-time connection with multitudes of friends. Is Heaven the ultimate FaceBook, when we will be through with the dark glass and see face to face? All of God's children on the same "screen."
- My husband used the phrase in his sermon -- "Calvary's clock was ticking" (don't you love it!) and I wondered "was there a rhythm to redemption, set in place from the eternal heart of God?"
- God is into progress. The apostle Paul tells us to forget what's behind and reach out toward what is ahead. The happiest people do not live in the past. They are "forward reachers."
- There is an energy in serving God. He even told us that He isn't the God of the dead but of the living, of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The One Who created lightening, volcanoes, and earthquakes, and Who consumed the sacrifice on Mt. Carmel and raised Lazarus is definitely not laid back. What an awesome God.