Knowing God better, figuring out marriage, investing in my kids, exploring the Scripture, discovering truth, savoring life's joys and writing about the journey . . . visit a while with me.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

Not Mine

"Lo, children are an heritage from the Lord . . . . "  (Psalm 127:3)

My children?
No, not mine;
Gifts unearned, undeserved they've been from birth.

My flesh and blood?
Yes, of earth;
and yet, like me, their souls belong to Him.

My possession?
No, but His;
Who lets me custodian and mentor be.

My legacy?
Yes, the lives
They lead will bear the mark on them I've pressed.

My heirs?
Yes, and no;
I can bequeath them only dust, but He the realms eternal.

12-5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content on this site is protected under personal copyright by Valorie Bender Quesenberry. Please ask permission to reprint.