You are viewing my old blog.
I would love to have you visit my brand new website at www.ValorieQuesenberry.com.
Knowing God better, figuring out marriage, investing in my kids, exploring the Scripture, discovering truth, savoring life's joys and writing about the journey . . . visit a while with me.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Waiting for Christmas (post 12)

Waiting for Christmas is the hardest thing when you're a little kid. When I was little, we used to open gifts on Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house across the road.  Many times, my grandmother hadn't finished her Christmas wrapping before we arrived.  So, there we would sit, in our special places around the living room, waiting for the bedroom door to open and her to emerge, bringing packages galore. It seemed to take forever.

Guess that's what the Jews thought in ancient times (and still think, for the most part). Waiting for the Messiah seemed like it would never end. And for those who don't claim Christ as the Annointed One, the wait goes on.  But, for those who believe, waiting for Christmas is over.  He has come. And no gift has ever made such a difference.  Joy to the World . . .let each of us receive Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content on this site is protected under personal copyright by Valorie Bender Quesenberry. Please ask permission to reprint.