You are viewing my old blog.
I would love to have you visit my brand new website at www.ValorieQuesenberry.com.
Knowing God better, figuring out marriage, investing in my kids, exploring the Scripture, discovering truth, savoring life's joys and writing about the journey . . . visit a while with me.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wasted bows (post 7)

Tear off the paper, rip off the bow . . get to the present!  That's Christmas - kid style! Or you can be like my grandmother, and your grandmother (and me, now!) and save the bows.  Rarely do I recycle the wrapping paper, but the bows - maybe. Especially with the price of Hallmark these days, being "green" at Christmas could save you some money! 

Yet, when you get right down to it, bows on Christmas packages aren't that terrible a thing to waste.  They're just pretty wrapping, after all. If that's the only thing we waste this Christmas, what a good thing that would be! It is much worse to waste the other "wrappings" of the season, the not unusual-but-so-awesome gifts of good food, good friends, great gifts, great family, etc.  Sure, it would be Christmas without them, but they sure make the whole "package" so much better.  Think I'll make sure to enjoy them this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content on this site is protected under personal copyright by Valorie Bender Quesenberry. Please ask permission to reprint.