You are viewing my old blog.
I would love to have you visit my brand new website at www.ValorieQuesenberry.com.
Knowing God better, figuring out marriage, investing in my kids, exploring the Scripture, discovering truth, savoring life's joys and writing about the journey . . . visit a while with me.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

the best is yet to come

It's 2014.  I want to let God "write my story" as Steve Saint says. This year, I desire that to maintain a deeper surrender and let His grace be my strength.

As the kids head back to school, my oldest daughter back to her college campus and I return to work in the classroom, I realize again how precious are the everyday moments of our lives. Each and every hour is a gift from the One who gives us life and wants to work in us for our good and His glory.

I give thanks for the blessings of my father and mother, my brothers, my extended family who have been there for the ups and downs of my journey, my friends who extend love and encouragement and for the everyday "common" blessings of health, breath, a warm home, food to eat and clothing to wear.

He is good, all the time.  Let my realization of that not conjure up fear of possible trials to prove it, but instead remind me that, in His hands, I am where I am supposed to be and there is nothing that is greater than His love. No matter the fears I could indulge for my county or my children or whatever, I plan to make this my mantra for 2014 "The best is yet to come!" Because, from eternity's perspective, things can only get better!

1 comment:

  1. I love the second sentence of your last paragraph, as that nagging fear is one of my struggles.
    Happy New Year, Valorie!

    ReplyDelete

All content on this site is protected under personal copyright by Valorie Bender Quesenberry. Please ask permission to reprint.